Understanding What Special Ed is and How It Can Help You (2017) by Wendy L. Moss, PhD and Denise M. Campbell, MS
If you are in special education, or if you’ve learned that you will be, you probably have lots of questions. You might wonder:
- How does special education affect my school days?
- What does it mean for my future?
- How can I deal with questions from other kids about the help I get?
This book has answers to these questions, and others. Plus, it gives you lots of tools and strategies you can use to help yourself at school and at home. You’ll learn about:
- The team of people who support you at school
- The plan your team makes to help you reach your goals
- How other kids in special education have handled difficulties
- Speaking up for your self, staying motivated, being organized, and more
- Ideas for feeling good about yourself even when you face challenges
- How you can focus on your strengths and all the things that make you the great person you are!
You may want to share this book with a parent or another adult you trust. In fact, the book includes a section especially for adults. It gives them more information about special education and about how they can support you.