(2006) by Michelle Lazar, MA, MT-BC, Autism Specialist & Jeremy Jensen, MM, MT-BC, Music Therapist
Tuned in to Learning’s inventive songs paired with vibrant visual supports give students ages 3 and up a hands-on opportunity to practice and role play essential daily living skills and appropriate behavior. Different than typical children’s music, the Tuned in to Learning songs have been customized for special learners, including ample response time, simplified language, and repetition.
This comprehensive program integrates evidence-based techniques from the fields of special education, applied behavior analysis, and music therapy, and gives you the tools to bring students from initial learning, to mastery, and finally generalization.
Skills taught in this volume include: hand washing, hygiene, tooth brushing, toileting, community signs, crossing the street, breathing techniques, asking for a break, transitions, and appropriate in-seat behavior.
• Full color Learn-Along book featuring real-life photos and large print lyrics for students to follow along
• Lesson Plans
• Sample IEP Objectives
• Adaptations for students at varying functioning levels
• 4-Step Teaching Hierarchy
• Checklists for students to use throughout the week
• Music CD with 10 original songs and 6 Adapt-a-Song versions, allowing you to modify songs once students have mastered the initial content.
Music CD Song Titles:
1. Germs on My fingers
2. Clean Machine
3. Gotta Go
4. Brushing Teeth
5 Community Signs
6. Stop, Look, & Listen
7. Time for Something New
8. Tall Trees
9. I Want a Break
10. Show Me Ready
130 page full color coil-bound book with Music CD. Appropriate for both individual and group use. 130 page full color coil-bound book and Music CD with printed lyrics.